Wyatt C. Louis
The debut album “Chandler” by Wyatt C. Louis
is coming in 2023.
Photo by Vanessa Heins
Wyatt C. Louis is a nêhiyaw singer-songwriter based in Moh'kinstsís, Treaty 7 Territory (Calgary, AB). He has made an impact on the eclectic city with songs built from soaring melodies, railroad-like finger picking and quiet, haunting vocals and lyrical phrasing. Dark, rustic tales meld folk and soulful blues to tell tales of love, loss and the journey home. They’re beautiful, subtle creations that juxtapose emotions, striking imagery and experiences that charm and envelop listeners.
Dancing with Sue
’Dancing with Sue’ is a song about everlasting love and the playful innocence of youth. It's about nostalgia, and yearning for the times in our lives where we feel the happiest and most free. Freedom is so effortlessly captured in dance, the freedom of expression, movement, and emotion.
From Wyatt, “I have powerful female teachers in my life that have taught me to dance, to be strong, and to be free in my own way. Sue, the girl in the red dress, represents these teachers for me. The chorus bounces between the sun and the moon, representing the sun's influence and strength, and the moon's admiration and powerful feminine energy. I wanted 'Dancing with Sue' to feel light and playful. It's a song that makes me happy, and I hope it makes you happy too.”
- CBC Music: One’s to Watch; airplay on Reclaimed, After Dark, CBC Mornings, The Homestretch, and more
- SiriusXM add to Canadian Indigenous Peoples’ Radio, feature play on North Americana, Top 10 on IMC
- Airplay on campus/college including KEXP’s Swingin’ Doors, CKUA, CJSR, and more
- Spotify: adds to RADAR: Canada / Renegade Folk / Indigenous
- Apple Music: adds to Today’s Indie Rock / Canadian Indie Radio / Indigenous Now / New Music Daily / New in Indie
- Amazon Music: Fresh Folk & Acoustic / Brand New Music